Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Phone Home


I'm at home 3 days after getting back from Minnesota.  We had a 5am lobby call to get to the airport in time, we sat on the tarmac for over an hour while they de-iced the plane, so we missed our connection in Chicago.  Once we got on a later flight we sat on That plane while they de-iced as well.   So all in all, I think we sat on a plane (a veritable petri dish of disease) for over 8 hours.  Justin blogged about it: Click here for the full story.  So I spent yesterday in bed with a mild fever and brewing cough which is now a beautiful bronchial hack.   I still got 8 hours of sleep last night however and woke up early to make some phone calls to radio stations and newspapers.  When something happens like a new song releasing or a tour coming up we'll schedule one morning a week and trying to squeeze as many 'phoners' as possible.  I have a little break between calls now, so I figured I'd tell you all about it, pour another cup of coffee and maybe grab a bowl of Fruit Loops.   mmm

13 comments:

Jason Sears said...

What did the world do before the blog attempts of Aaron Shust? . . . .

Hope you're doing well.

Aaron Shust said...

ha! punk. beside the hack i'm doing well. miss ya man.

Mayra said...

Hey! Hope you feel better soon. You should try some mint tea with honey.....

~Mayra~

Julia said...

Nice, hope the cough doesn't get too bad. Talk to you soon!

Aaron Shust said...

thanks guys. good idea mayra. i love mint tea. i love honey.

Laura E said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear you're sick. I don't have any good home remedies, but my mom always told me never to sniff it in, but to blow it out. That may at least keep you from getting a sinus infection. Hope you feel better soon!

Becky said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I have been sick with a cough and an upper respitory infection for the last week and a half which prevented me from being able to hold my newborn niece this past weekend! *sniff!* Make sure you get plenty of rest and fluids!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon, Aaron! I know you are coming to South Parkersburg Baptist Church (WV) in April but unfortunately I can't go (husband working no babysitter). So I will live vicariously through coworkers with VIP tickets.

Mayra said...

I heard there were tornados in Atlanta.....Hope your family is safe!

~Mayra~

Martie said...

Hope you're feeling better! When you do - Come to Montana! Last time we saw you we went to Texas. But, that's really a LONG drive. (Just kidding - we were there seeing family anyway. lol)
We may see you in San Antonio this year too... (What can I say, we love Texas!) But, I would LOVE to see you here in Montana (Billings/Red Lodge) as well.
God Bless you & you're family!
YSIC,
Martie

mrsmuglish said...

I as far as I can see, you are the real deal as a Christian artist...I appreciate your music, the thought and scripture that goes into it and most of all Glory given to the Lord....letting people see Him in your music and you reaching down to us at the same time....what more can we ask for as christians walking our way through a world that is not our home.....thanks for your influence in my life----what is your favorite scripture or do you have a life verse?

mrsmuglish said...

by the way my hubby got stuck in the Chicago airports about the same time....he also got sick! crazy world huh

Anonymous said...

Hi! My daughter is SO looking forward to hearing you sing at TFC. She's had her ticket in her hot little hand since they went on sale. *smile* I'm praying for it to be a wonderful concert. I think that you and my son have sung together.