Tuesday, April 15, 2008

4th Leg: Cold and Cloudy


Cleveland, Chicago and Fort Wayne.
Cleveland was a great time even though I let it slip that I was from Pittsburgh from on-stage.  Well I said that I was from a town 142 miles southeast and thanked them for letting us borrow Ben Roethlisberger.   One brave man sitting in the back yelled, "Go Steelers!"  I think security ushered him out.   My good friends from Perimeter Church, the Ward's came to the show (they moved to Ohio) and Debbie brought us a care package of home baked goodies (cookies and brownies) and assorted chocolates from a local Chocolatier.  They even included a toy bus for Daniel that has a driver and 4 kids that are spitting images of his cousins Dylan, Jakob, Silas and Kilole!    We actually got lost in the basement hallways of the church: hard to find the stage.  "Hello, Cleveland!"
Chicago was Meredith's home church and as they had a church service that night we had to work around a full stage, but it was a good time: I almost couldn't shower because there was security guarding the bathrooms as it was the one the children use during church, they don't allow adults in at the same time.  But they sent extra security, and I got a shower.  Then my camp friends the Freemire's (45 people came from camp!) brought us 3 deep dish pizza's from Lou Malnati's.  Beautiful.  It snowed big fat snow under the parking lot street light as we walked to the bus.
Fort Wayne was cold, windy and in a Gym!  But we packed as many people as we could in that Gym for our introduction to Fort Wayne: our first visit there.  We'd run out of CD's in Chicago, so our apologies again to you Fort Wayners.  More camp friends, the Harrington's (5 of them) and Cara Deitzman came to see the show.  Cara came to meet Brandon: let's be honest.   ;)  2 people refused to shake my hand because they were sick (thank you).  However I still caught a head cold.   It's mid-April!  the North needs to thaw out!

23 comments:

Mayra said...

Sounds like the tour is going awesome!

I like Brandon with short hair. I did something crazy and I called him! I'm surprised he still keeps that cell in service.

Stay safe on your journey.

Mayra

Dan Borchert said...

Rock on you Burgh Boy!

Deedee Freemire said...

Thanks for the shout out! We are so proud of our "camp guy"! Peace!

Melody Joy Francis said...

Hey Aaron....Melody here again. Be encouraged, it's supposed to be in the 70's while you guys are in Lancaster!! :-)

Donika said...

It sounds like the tour is going fantastic! God is awesome! I wanted to let ya know that I enjoy reading your blogs on how the tour is going. Thanks for posting the blogs! I can understand what you mean by the north needing to thaw out. I am feeling that way right now about the south too. Florida hasn't been this cold in April since in the 1950s.

God Bless!
Donika

Laura E said...

Running out of CDs is not a bad problem to have! Congrats! Glad to hear you got a shower. That's always important... :)

Cara said...

OMG you crack me up!!!! I think i screamed when i read that...! Thanks for the shout out! I'll have to e-mail you the picture of all of us so you can add it to the blog entry!!!!

ajocoach said...

Aaron you rock! Our 5 yr old Jersti was rockin' with you, and 9 yr. old Brigs wears her Aaron Jacket proudly! Brigs friends at school who listen to your music were impressed that Brigs went to see you sing. Our family has been so blessed by your music. LONG LIVE THE KING! (My favorite song! I keep writing KLOVE telling them to play it!)
Amy

Cara said...

Oh and you know I was just excited to see you! Brandon was just an added bonus! ;)

Whitney said...

As always it was a privilege to worship with you in Winston Salem, NC last night. Hope you come back this way soon, and the rest of the tour goes well!

Jake T. said...

One more day until you can get some home cooking, 'burgh-style!

Anonymous said...

Aaron, My friends and I really enjoyed your concert in Rolling Meadows (Chicago). My only disappointment was that since I am in a wheelchair, each time that you and Brandon told everyone to stand up, not only could I not see, but I felt totally isolated. It really broke up the positive energy for me. I realize that you do not set up the venues, but perhaps in the future, your concert planners/promoters could find a way to encourage all venues to have some appropriate seating available to those who cannot stand, so that people like me can continue to feel a part of the amazing experience while everybody else is standing. Thanks!

Aaron Shust said...

wow, my friend. i am SO sorry. It is truly insensitive for us to ask everyone to stand up, when obviously not everyone can. Please forgive my ignorance.

It's difficult, as well, as a performer/artist to take the time while on stage to explain 'common' etiquette to the people who attend, without appearing to educate and disrupting the evening's flow. Sometimes people in the second row, or back, want to sit down, even if they are able stand...but the people in front of them want to stand and the view is still obstructed!

Some venues we play in have reserved areas for wheelchairs to have an unobstructed view, apparently Rolling Meadows did not. I will pass this along and hopefully this can be avoided in the future.

my sincere apologies.
Aaron

Kristin said...

Hi Aaron.
My mom & I drove from upstate NY to attend last night's show in Lancaster, PA. You, Brandon, Meredith, and all of the musicians were fantastic! It is such a joy to be able to hear music that glorifies and brings honor to God. Thank you!
Also, I want to thank you for what you do on behalf of Compassion International. It was at one of your concerts last year (with Audio A & MercyMe) that my husband and I chose (were chosen) to sponsor a little boy from Mexico. We have no children of our own yet & it is such a blessing to be able to touch the life of a child.

**I encourage anyone reading this blog to consider sponsoring a child through Compassion. Visit their website at Compassion.org for details!**

May God bless you,
Kristin

NaeNae83 said...

Thank you for coming to Rolling Meadows, IL. Had a great night! You should come to Wisconsin, maybe at Lifest in Oshkosh?? Since I live up north now I feel like Im missing out on a lot of great music.....and warmth :) God bless and thanks again!!!


Renee

sweet said...

hi Aaron nice to see you in person. I hope you still remember me. I talked to you about Compassion Int'l and i was one of the kids.. The concert was awesome. God bless you brother.

Anonymous said...

Just discovered the Blog..fun! I saw you in Lancaster..great show..Watch Over Me is my favorite right now. Thanks for your music! GOD has blessed you with a beautiful gift. GO STEELERS!!

Julia said...

I like what you said to the person in the wheelchair. Thanks for working on that!!! See you guys soon, have a great vacation!

Mayra said...

Aaron! I just saw a commercial for the Dove awards and you were all over the commercial. I am Super excited for the category you were nominated in. Good Luck.

Mayra

Aaron Shust said...

um...i'm not going on vacation...that I know about...

thanks for all your comments, everyone!
a

Julia said...

I must have thought you were on vacation because Duffy was on one! OOPS!!! We played with him last weekend, it was so fun :)

Dan said...

Hey Aaron,

GL tonight @ the Dove Awards! Unfortunately can't watch it since the channel isn't offered where I live on Cable.

Dan

Cheri said...

You got it -- Cara was pretty interested in meeting Brandon. (I think she's in love- hehe) However, she was still looking forward to seeing you!

We loved your concert in St. Paul and look forward to future concerts.