Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tour over! GMA week

Winston Salem, Lancaster and Pittsburgh were a ton of fun, and a great way to end my first tour: in my home town, singing a Penguins version of "Burgh Boy"  (which people erroneously call Bird Boy)  We recorded the last two shows which are available with all their errors at www.discrevolt.com)  
The bus pulled back into Nashville at 9:30 Saturday morning, I kissed my wife and boy goodbye as they drove back to Atlanta and I headed downtown Nashville to begin GMA week.  A week full of showcases, interviews and seeing old friends (and making new ones)  So I'm exhausted, yesterday my first radio interview was at 5:30am.   I sang my idea of how Johnny Cash would sing "Watch Over Me", commenting on how hard it is to sing in the morning.  Hopefully it was respectful: I actually liked it better than my real version!  I saw Third Day's show last night, but missed Switchfoot, but I got bounced at the door since I didn't have my badge.  Mac was going to let me in, but I just ran back and got my credentials.  Their new stuff sounds great, as does Chris Tomlin's new material: of course.  So there's exciting new stuff coming out!
Time to run again.  Sarah's driving up and we're gonna catch Leeland tonight at 7.  Dove Awards tomorrow!

6 comments:

Mayra said...

I'm really confused because I know I checked the blog yesterday, but for some reason your new post didn't show up till today....

Yay for the tour being over! Now you can have a chance to work on your new album, and thanks for recording the sessions. I'll def check those out!

Mayra

Melody Joy Francis said...

Hey Aaron,
Melody here again.....I just wanted to stop by and let you know how much my family, friends, and I enjoyed the concert in Lancaster! We were all so blessed and encouraged by all that you, Brandon, and Meredith shared! Meredith's one song brought me to tears, but I did manage to make it through "Watch Over Me" without crying for the first time in a LONG time! hehe. I am sorry I didn't stop by the table to say Hello, I get a lil shy sometimes. I was "forced" (LOL) into meeting Brandon by my friend Cynthia who is an old friend of his from one of the Young Life Camps in California. In fact, you had your picture taken with her son Chad, and she made the comment that the two of you could be brothers, lol. I emailed the pic to you (along with some other pics from the concert I thought you might enjoy) at the address from your website. Thanks again for the encouragement and blessing. God bless you guys as you continue your ministries!

CorrieVanKampen said...

Cool...new stuff from Third Day!? Congratulations on the successful tour...I am so happy that I was able to see you, Brandon,and Meredith in Cleveland. Hope you can get some down time with your wife and son! God Bless You...

Julia said...

Hope you had a good week. I looked at the Dove website yesterday. Tell Sarah hey and I hope to see you guys soon!
We're always thinkin' about cha!!!

Anonymous said...

hi-Aaron-"Bird-Boy"-Really?Those People that Thought Burgh-was the Word-BIRD-Must Have Been Half-deaf!At Least they did not Call you-Big Bird-{ Sesame-Street-PBS-TV } Did You Really Make Your First Music CD-For Your MOTHER? And Then Others Wanted it-Please Tell Us That Heart-Warming Story in More Detail-in HONOR Of All Mothers-For Mother's-Day ! PLEASE ? Who Were Your MOM's FAVORITE SINGERS ? Besides You,-"BURGH BOY"- ???? I Actually Think-Your Eye Brows Need-Trimmed-Or they Will Rival-Walter Cronkite's-The Former-World_News-Anchor ! Not-Really -Just-Joking! This Time-You BLOG-REMEMBER-To Honor Your Mom ! From> Mothers-All Over the WORLD

Cathryn said...

hey Aaron! just wanted to let you know i LOVED the concert in Lancaster! Your song Watch Over Me was incredible! it makes me cry everytime i listen to it! its an awesome song! i also loved the way yuo opened the concert! it was one of the best concerts i have ever been to! p.s. i was the girl w/ the lady who had the steelers key! we are HUGE steelers fans and were so siked when we found out you were too! can't wait to see you here in PA next time!!!