Compassion International

IJM

Ray of Hope

OneVerse

Aaron Shust Partners with OneVerse.org

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friday Night Lights: Will Graham

We landed in Dallas yesterday and headed South to Burleson in a van to meet up with Go Fish, Building 429 and Tree63 for a Will Graham Celebration: a 3 day event held on the Burleson High School Football field: home of Kelly Clarkson.  We enjoyed a well needed stop at Taco Cabana on the way there.  The stage was great: the crew professional and the staff polite.  That's a good start.  Will Graham is a great person and we actually have Toccoa Falls College in common (where I got my bachelor's and he got his doctorate) and a good friend Wes White...who thought people were calling me "shoes" after I knew him well for 5 months.)  Will and Wes worked together a Bay Leaf Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC.  

We played 20 minutes (21):
Give It All Away
Matchless
Give Me Words To Speak
Watch Over Me
My Savior My God

Afterword, Josh, Scotty and I watched Indiana Jones...it was a little fantastic, but fun.  Now after 8+ hours of sleep (that never happens on the road unless we get a full travel day like today) we'll head to the airport at 1pm and fly to Omaha, where we'll drive to Norfork and play again!  75 minutes this time!  woo who!   Then we go home to where the trees stand still.

6 comments:

Mayra said...

sounds awesome! summer always does = touring. Good luck at your next show.

Melody Joy Francis said...

Thanks so much for getting back to me about the concert. Your manager emailed me w/ some info, so hopefully we will be able to set something up within the next few weeks. Thanks again, and God Bless!
MJF

Dan said...

Sounds like everything is going great! Praying for your next show.

Ric said...

Thanks for coming to Texas..you guys were great!. too bad you only had 20 mins. GodBless

Anonymous said...

21 minutes for an Aaron Shust concert?? Not nearly enough!! But I am glad everyone had a great time!!

hayden said...

Hey bud,

We also saw Indiana do his thing last night. I used the exact same word to describe it: "fantastic"...as in "fantasy." Not that it wasn't a little unbelievable early on, but they totally lost me once the kid started swinging like a monkey. Then, naturally, the monkeys followed. Hey, George Lucas... Seriously?