Sunday, June 22, 2008

Kansas City and Michigan


The alarm went off at 3:45 Friday morning and I loaded up my Jeep and drove through the cool and desolate Tennessee towns on the way to the airport.  I met my new road manager Eric there and Scotty who had flown in from Yuma the entire day before and we headed to Kansas City.  Which is not in Kansas.  We met up with Duffy and Ashley in Memphis half way there.  My drummer Josh couldn't make this date which is sad cause he's actually from KC and homecomings are always fun.  But Ashley was great and even though the crowd was smaller than the promoter had hoped, the people who were there were excited to be there and we had a great 'living room' concert, I like to call it.  Sometimes you really just feel like family.  

Early on Saturday we managed to get through the impossibly strict KC airport security, (the toothpaste industry must be thriving) and flew to Detroit, rented a SUV, packed all the gear, luggage and Scotty in the back and drove 3+ hours north to Gaylord and played the Big Ticket Festival.  I don't know how many people were packed into that Worship Tent, but thanks to everyone who came, I feel like I got to meet most of you afterward, but what a fun time that was!  They wanted an encore and since Chris Tomlin wasn't there that year, we sang "How Great Is Our God" cause who doesn't want to sing that?   Another great "family" feeling in that tent.  We had church!  

After catching up with Shonlock (appraising our busted fingers) Tim and Brian from Diverse City, eating dinner and having some serious chocolate festival fondue, we drove the 3+ hours BACK to Detroit.  A couple of us chilled in the hotel hot tub for a bit, although we forgot our swimsuits...

6:30 wake up call and we're back home...I even made it in time for church.  A fantastic message you have to hear.  Took a 3 hour nap then went to the pool with Daniel till his lips turned blue.  Twas a good week.

2 comments:

Mayra said...

I dont think the link to the message is working. I've tried multiple times to load it, but it just leaves the page blank. Is it just me?

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how you use your talents solely for the glory of God.
Praise the Lord.