Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Nebraska

videoThe flight from Dallas to Omaha (via St Louis) was a non-stop, so we didn't have to scramble at the airport to find a new gate.  Josh and I grabbed the aisle and window seats respectively and I blew my nose and Josh made grunting noises hoping that no one would sit between us.  But it was a full flight and we ending sitting by a fascinating person, Carli, who is basically Claire from LOST.  Carli is from Melbourne, Australia and is taking some time off to travel around America staying with people that she meets along the way.  She had just spent a week in New Orleans, but had met a couple in Phoenix who lived in Omaha.  So she was going there next.  She's a traveling vagabond until her cash runs out.  I told her she needed to see NYC, San Diego and Seattle.  Josh recommended Chicago as well.   Josh also tried out his Australian accent on her.  If you ever saw the beginning of Dumb and Dumber, you know the awkward moment that it was.

We drove out to Norfolk early Sunday morning to the big town park area and after soundcheck, Hawaiian shaved ice and 2 bites each of a Funnel cake, we spent the afternoon in a local hotel room and slept.  I tried to get a pic of Duffy, Scott and Josh all sleeping on the King sized bed, but it was too dark and my phone doesn't have a flash.  I fell asleep on the couch watching Bourne Identity and Pirates of the Caribbean on tbs.  Then we played at 8:30 but had to end early because of something called a massive lighting storm.

Monday we flew out of Omaha early and flew back to Nashville, Josh went on to Orlando to do a gig with Dave Barnes, Scotty flew back to Yuma today and I drove home to Atlanta to watch the Penguins stay alive in the Stanley cup for one more game in Triple Overtime from my own couch!  Good to be home.

17 comments:

Wayward Now Home said...

I chuckled at the LOST reference. It's the only TV show that I watch. :) Sounds like you had a good time.

Mayra said...

That girl is awesome. She's kinda like Chris McCandless...

I don't really get the video, lol.

I really wish you would come back to Houston!! Maybe you'll tour over here when you new CD comes out. BTW good luck with that!

Aaron Shust said...

i shot the video on my phone on the drive back from nebraska. just the long lonely midnight plains states highway.

Mayra said...

ohh! Well That's neat!

jeleasure said...

Hey Aaron,
I grew up in New Kensington, Pa..
You were mentioning how you miss your friends. Well, I was in New Kensington a few years ago when my father past. And man, I can tell you that it is not the same. I don't know how those people are making it up there. All of my friends have moved away.
I added your blog to my list of "Other Bloggers". I'm about to finish posting my 'connect the dots' writing project on Christianity. http://deityquest.blogspot.com/
My desire was to have a respected Christian Publisher, publish my manuscript. I got some great feed back from Beacon Hill Press. However, they won't take the risk. My Pastor gave a motivational sermon and asked what we are doing to promote the Kingdom of God? Then, I heard a report from The American Family Association; it said that only 6% of people who claim to be Christians truly understand the core message of the Bible. So, I decided to not publish it for gain. This is a treasure in Heaven if I publish it here. So, if you feel that someone could use this manuscript, direct them to the blog: http://deityquest.blogspot.com/
Thanks,and continued success in your ministry.
Jim.
By the way, if you plan to come through Richmond Virginia and want to attend church, stop by West End Assembly of God off of Parham Road. We are on the web.

Laura E said...

Funny, I understood the video right away. That was the only car you passed on your entire trip through the plains! I wish you could've made it another three hours north to Sioux Falls!

Melody Joy Francis said...

Hey is there an ETA for the new CD yet? Can't wait to hear it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron - sorry the Penquins didn't win - sounds like it was a close game. Maybe next year!

Diana

m@ said...

Sorry about the Pen's...all hail HOCKEYTOWN!

Anonymous said...

Go Red Wings!!!
Sorry Mr. Shust, but my home team comes first.

Nicole

hayden said...

Hey there, just saying hey!

Mayra said...

yay for new songs that rock! I just noticed that twitter thing ---->

lol

i'm beccy. said...

Just found your blog, and the heading is Nebraska - our fam is moving there in 2 weeks! Still praying for you, old friend. Blessings today.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your sake that the Penguins lost but Oh so happy that my second favorite team won (The MN Wild being first).

You are so down to earth and real. When life's frustrations seem to get the better of me, I check out your web site and read some of your blogs - you make me laugh and remind me that God loves me no matter what - thank you for sharing your gifts with all of us!

stefany said...

wow i love your songs keep up that work God Bless you!

Mayra said...

Aaron, I'm gonna be attending the celebrate freedom concert that takes place in Dallas, but I can only go on Saturday. DO you know what day you're preforming and if you will be at the autograph booth they are setting up?? I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU/SEE YOU PREFORM!!!!!

mAYRA

Mayra said...

Happy Fathers Day!!!