Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cruisin' the 49th

This cruise of Alaska has been fun I must admit.  It's super hard leaving your family behind so I was dreading it a little, but i knew it would be fun hanging with the boys together.  Brandon Heath is here (just saw his new video for "Give Me Your Eyes"- really great!)  We hit the hot tub a couple times although last night we were only in for 2 minutes when they closed it and we had to leave.  

We played a 30 minute show on Sunday night, me and Brandon together with the band, we played a bunch of worship songs to kick off the week right.  Then Monday morning I had a 45 minute set and I played 6 songs from Anything Worth Saying, VH1 storyteller style.  Something happened on Tues morning that I had to get up early too. Brandon did a show Tuesday night after we cruised Glacier Bay National Park and I came out to play Red Sky and Give Me Your Eyes on the piano.  I led worship early Wednesday morning, just me and a guitar.   

So this morning was my first chance to sleep in a little since who knows when.  When I'm home, I wake up to the sound of "Daddymommy!  Daddymommy!" (which I really miss hearing right now)  We need to get up at 6:30 tomorrow to fly to California, so I'm ready for my only sleep in day.  But at 6am I hear a knock at the door.  Room service.  Breakfast.  Prune Juice.  Steamed Prunes and Muesli.  The worst possible breakfast you could imagine.  Yes, one of the band guys thought it would be a good idea to make me laugh.  at 6 in the morning.  Just before I fell back to sleep, the kitchen called to see if I was pleased with b'fast.  One wrong number later, I unplugged my phone and finally around 10am, i fell asleep til 1.  

awesome.

9 comments:

Mayra Bunny said...

hahaha

the cruise sounds like a lotta fun!

Joey & Rick said...

Okay... I'm a fan since Hills Alive in SoDak 07... do you really write your own posts? Wow, if so. Next time bring "daddymommy" and Mommy with you...

Anonymous said...

UGH! :P That Breakfast Wins The Most Yuckified-Horribilis- # 1 AWARD For Gross-Outs) All You NEEDED was Skin That Resembled Prunes By Lingering in HOT-TUBS too long ! How Will You Get Revenge On The Prankster? Let Us Know As we Stay Tuned To this Travel- Blog Of "Adventures On THE HIGH SEAS With AARON & FRIENDS".... Thanks For Sharing...With Us, Della

Anonymous said...

Hey! Lots Of Fun For You & Good Times Still on the WAY-Can't Wait to Hear of More Highjinks,That will Surely occur,Between you Goofy Monkey-Brained Jokesters, := ) Do get More Sleep & Don't Be SOoooOOO Silly! As If You Boys will , Ever ! MaKe Sure Brandon Gets The HONOR Of Being Picked-For The Next Outrageous Prank! ;)

Dan said...

Been following you on twitted Aaron, seems like you take all the same airports I do when I'm on travel. Maybe one day we'll run into each other :O

Laura E said...

Hey Aaron, glad to hear the cruise went so well. Wish I could've been there to hear all those great artists and see Alaska too. Maybe someday...

Anonymous said...

My Dad & I Know Some Nice Folks Living in AK-We're invited to Come-& Stay For FREE ! One Nice HOSTESS was from Pittsburgh-Originally-And That's Why We Have So Much in Common-Did YOU notice How High The COST of Gasoline And Food Is There?(Astronomical!) Oh-That Is Such a CUTE Photo Of Y'all in YOUR white Bathrobes-YOU LOOK LIKE Kung-Fu Fighters, Nearly all Styles Of HAIR CUTS Known To Mankind Are Proudly Displayed As Well as Partial BEARDS Or Face Fuzz !
You Can Only Find It HERE, Folks - So STAY Tuned In CyberSPACE- To Aaron's Blog- & Also Tune in By RADIO >>> To " The RIVER-102.3 FM " To Hear More From Aaron Shust-Who was Named The ARTIST Of The WEEK-Recently! CONGRATS To YOU !!!!!!!! Former PittsBurgh-( Burgh Boy,) Mr. Aaron Shust.Our city is The BEST Home Town - We Know ... No Matter How Far We Roam ! : 0 Here's A Friendly Shout Out To You, From Your Burg- Homies :-)

Anonymous said...

Aaron I'm praying for a revival at Camp Liberty, Iraq where my husband is deployed in the Army. He is a new Christian and surrounded by many unsaved men and instead of being afraid I'm praying for their salvation and a revival!! Have you or would you consider a tour over there. These military men need Christian and spiritual uplifting. It would touch many hearts I'm sure and the positive effects on family back home would be amazing as well.
A wife in love, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Just Because I Know You're Good At This,Aaron- Do Try Posting A Devotional Type Blog,You'll NEVER Know How Much Good It Will Do In Encouraging Your Brothers & Sisters- := ) You Have The Gift Of Writing The Right Words AT THE RIGHT TIME, To The People Who Need To HEAR IT ! Just A Suggestion








,Bro' Aaron