Saturday, August 30, 2008

Celebrate Freedom! Hot Lanta



It's not too often you stay in a hotel in your hometown. But we played at Celebrate Freedom in Atlanta tonight and have to fly out to Peoria early tomorrow. So instead of three of us driving an hour home and then again tomorrow morning, we just got a hotel in between the Festival and the airport. (which actually I think Celebrate Freedom paid for, so that's extra cool)

Tonight was the first night I ever played at a festival IN THE DARK! I usually get the 2pm-4pm slots but today, for many reasons (none of them being my 'deserving it' as some very kind people complimented) I ended up with 30 minutes at 9:15pm, right after the illustrious Luis Palau spoke. That was enough time for six songs. Perfectly, I have six singles that have gone to radio if you don't include Christmas songs, and if you DO include "Create Again" which goes to radio next Friday (Call your Station, ask them to play it!)

Give It All Away
Matchless (with Blessed Be Your Name tagged on to it)
Give Me Words To Speak (followed by a lot of Na Na's - great job Atlanta!)
Create Again
Watch Over Me
My Savior My God

I had a deficit of -00:01 left on the clock even after the crowd sang one more chorus of MSMG then we hit the last chord...so, not bad timing.  What a blast!  Thanks for singing along!
  video

2 comments:

Mayra Bunny said...

Oh my gosh I still can't believe that we didn't see you perform at our Celebrate Freedom, but oh well.

Thanx for the update.

Guess what?!?! I met Brandon Heath and I told him that I was introduced to him by your blog. He is suuuuch a nice guy!

hrnndzamyh said...

Hey im not sure if you remember me but im the girl who went to meet you and You were sooo nice even though we don't talk.

let just say im different. it was hard for me because i feel like im out of place because i have a special need disabiltiies... i feel like i don't belong in the Celebrate freedom Atlanta August 3oth.

I have hearing impairment. I wear Hearing aids. i know sign language. soo It was sooo nice to meet you!. i never saw you in a concert soo it was my first time!