Saturday, September 27, 2008

Did you Plug it in?


Woke up this morning around 9am, early considering I finally turned off Brooke Fraser by 3am.  We left Massachusetts/Connecticut last night which was pleasantly a fantastic show, sometimes us Yankees keep our emotions to ourselves whenever we're having a good time, so I always expect a quite crowd up North, but they had a blast, and therefore we did too.  We woke up in Delaware this morning and thanks to Matt Butler's iPhone, we knew we were 4.5 miles from Broadkill Beach.  So we took a 4.5 mile run, Matt, Tony and I, and ended up at the beach, where I got to add to my sand collection.  Yes, I collect sand from every beach I've visited and then I put it in a cool glass jar, label it and display it.  I like the beach, and I just like to be reminded of it. 

Soundcheck was 'fun', I have some strings prerecorded that we play back during the shows because it's cheaper than trying to fit an entire orchestra in my bunk.  Anyhow, they wouldn't work.  I spent maybe 45 minutes with all the guys trying to figure it out.  After trying everything, I called Josh, my go-to drummer who compiled all the strings for live shows, and even though I caught him in the middle of a session, he helped me through it, but it still didn't work.  Something else was wrong... 

Finally I turned the volume up on my computer.  It had been muted.   We spent almost an HOUR trying to figure out the complicated preferences that "must" have been altered.  The solution was basic and almost obvious.  

I'm going to try to apply that to life, and maybe even my spiritual journey.  I'm going to try to not complicate things that God has made simple.  I'm not skilled to understand everything, but I know at God's right hand stands my Savior.   He loves us.  He always will. 

14 comments:

Mayra said...

haha, that's funny!

sarah said...

I'll be honest and tell you I laughed out loud at you when you admitted your computer was muted. Keeping things simple and being careful not to overlook the obvious is something I'm bad at, so thanks for the hilarious reminder.

Anonymous said...

isn't Jesus seated at the right hand of the father?

Mayra said...

"But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." -Acts 7:55-56

=)

Mayra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mayra said...

Whoops, I forgot to add that I think scripture refers him as doing both.

He also dances over us and sings over us!

Oh what a great friend/advocate we have in Jesus!!!

Anonymous said...

Which Beach In Delaware did YOU Visit ? Was it near Rehoboth Beach? It's a FAV Beach of Mine.Aren't the Folks In the N-East Friendly "Yankees"? Well I got the Song- My SAVIOUR, Played on the Radio Here,By Request. Can You Pray That I get Some Answers From God on some REQUESTS I NEED ? Really COULD use SOME Back-Up Prayer, now Thanks +++ In Jesus , ( B.S.) Pittsburgh , PA (WE Love YOU, Burgh Boy ! :o ) XOXOXOXOX......... :+ : XOXOXOXOX)XX - !!!!! Hugs & Kisses Sent To You !

Aaron Shust said...

thanks Mayra, I actually had someone tell me when I first started playing MSMG in church, and with a slight wink in his eye, that MSMG was theologically incorrect. That Jesus SITS at the right hand of God, not stands. I personally believe that Jesus' physical posture (standing/sitting/ascending/flying) is not as important as His Position. When you "sit" at the right hand of a ruler, you are in a place of high honor, prominence and power. And Mayra's right, Stephen SAW Jesus standing.
But I'm sure He sits sometimes ;) and not because He's tired either.

Jake T. said...

http://www.cefree.com/Page_3.aspx?id=290837

Priority Number One... message by Pastor Bill Walder.

Just know my friend, we all at CEFC are praying for our friend Tom

Jen said...

Hey Aaron,

Found your blog from Jennifer and Patricks (we are getting ready to go visit them to adopt our baby girl :) Went to TFC with ya and are loving your sweet tunes. We had a little boy at Toccoa who is now 9 and tells everyone he saw you arond campus all time! We were in Alaska doing youth and now are in Tennessee at Fellowship Bible Church doing youth. Please let us know if you ever come through here! Hope life is amazing and full for you.
Jen Howell

Anonymous said...

Things can go so downhill,in our lives,that you can't even See Jesus or Find Him. It's like , did He Turn The Volume Control off ? ( Because I can't HEAR His Voice, anymore-!!! TRIALS are what I'm going through, and I need Prayer, so whoever reads this,Please Pray For My Family And Me. :+:
Please,Help Us, Jesus...My Savior-My God ......




Sincerely, Della

Wendy said...

Thanks for all your posts. I love the honesty and praise found in the lyrics of your songs. It's awesome that the Holy Spirit inspires you to write such songs and they are an encouragement to me and I'm sure to many. I've bookmarked your blog. =) You are an awesome brother in Christ.

David said...

Where have I been? Your "My Saviour, My God" was included in worship for the first time Sunday, and I was moved. What a great expression of devotion to Christ! Composing it around Dorothy Greenwald's fabulous hymn written in 1873 was very creative. I only wish she too was given some credit.

Aaron Shust said...

Hey David,

That's a great hymn, isn't it! Your church should (by law) be giving her as much credit as I get. I can promise you that every chance I have, I talk about her writing those inspiring words, radio, TV, written media, I give her as much credit as I can! :)

that song moved me the first time I read it. I'm privileged to partner with her! :)
a