Last night after I kissed Daniel goodnight, I headed downstairs and there was an incredible, strong aroma throughout the whole floor. I couldn't place it. I knew we were having Sarah's incredible 'meatball soup' (the current name until we make a better one) but it was just leftovers, so I shouldn't smell it yet. Then I thought, "Charcoal!" I went outside, but smelled no one barbecuing. I now started to run inside, a bit worried. The oven was off. No incense burning. No candles. I followed my nose to the sink area, then opened the dishwasher which was on 'Heat Dry'. A single wooden spoon had fallen onto the heat coil and was veritable charcoal. My nose was right the first time. I just didn't know it was in my house. I caught it in time. That was the best smelling potential house fire I've ever encountered.
Here's my attempt at a life lesson: Things that are devastatingly dangerous to our well being (whether physical, emotional, spiritual, psychological, etc) are often disguised as safe, pleasant, enticing, inviting and even incredible smelling. But unless they are identified accurately, swiftly and promptly 'nipped in the bud'...they can burn your house down.