Friday, January 9, 2009

Way to Go, J.Lo

So we hopped into Jason's car yesterday to go grab some Thai food for lunch before we finished recording, and noticed that he had the new Song Discovery CD. (Free CD with a Worship magazine subscription highlighting new songs)  I browsed the titles and names, and my own name caught my eye!  "What?" I thought. "What song did I write on?" On closer inspection, I realized that the song was Mi Salvador Mi Dios.   Now I took French in High School, but I was clever enough to figure out what that meant.  Someone recorded MSMG in Spanish!!!  (MSMD)

So props to Josh Lopez (who shares my wife's maiden name) for recording that song and making it accessible to a brand new demographic.  I bet when Dora Greenwell wrote that hymn over 100 years ago, she never thought it would be sung in Espanol!

Check out Josh's myspace page and grab the song for your worship leader to add some flavor at your church or even as background music the next time you make tacos at home.  Just kidding...but really.

4 comments:

Tunafish said...

I think that that is so cool! In Spanish, wow. What a way to reach out! I love that song so much! Keep it comin'.

Mayra said...

I actually saw that before when I was looking for worship music in spanish, but I thought you knew you, lol.

Have you ever tried googling yourself? I have =)

Melody Joy Francis said...

Hello Friend,
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I am sure that Christmas with a 2 year old and a brand new baby was extra special! :0)
I am still working on seeing if we can get you in here to do a show at Baptist Bible College withing the next year and a half!
Welp I just wanted to drop in and say hello.......oh and what's a yog? :0)

Dan said...

Wow, cool. I wish I knew this back when I translated this song for my church.