Friday, July 3, 2009

From the Mind of Max

I was going to just direct people to Max Lucado's website to read today's Journal entry from his book Grace for the Moment II...but it only went to his homepage and by tomorrow, it would be a different entry...so I'm just going to copy it in here.  I love this guy.  The way he sees God's grace is good for my brain.  Here's what he said today:

A List of Our Sins
Friday, July 03, 2009 
“He canceled the record that contained the charges against us. He…destroyed it by nailing it to Christ’s cross.” 
Colossians 2:14 NLT

Come with me to the hill of Calvary…Watch as the soldiers shove the Carpenter to the ground and stretch his arms against the beams. One presses a knee against a forearm and a spike against a hand. Jesus turns his face toward the nail just as the soldier lifts the hammer to strike it.

The crowd at the cross concluded that the purpose of the pounding was to skewer the hands of Christ to a beam. But they were only half-right. We can’t fault them for missing the other half. They couldn’t see it…

Between his hand and the wood there was a list. A long list. A list of our mistakes: our lusts and lies, greedy moments and prodigal years. A list of our sins.

The list, however, cannot be read. The words can’t be deciphered. The mistakes are covered. The sins are hidden. Those at the top are hidden by his hand; those down the list are covered by his blood.

4 comments:

Lady J said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I like Mr. Lucado too.

Toni said...

Isn't Max Lucado wonderful with words? I've read a couple of books and when I tell people about them they tell me how animated I become. I loved his book subtitled A Day in the Life of Christ. I wish I could remember the name of the book, but basically it was about the day Jesus got the news of John the Baptist's beheading and how he (Max) felt that the Lord just wanted to mourn his cousin. Then the disciples came to Jesus full of joy because they were able to do miracles in His name. That day was so full and we never think of it being just one day. It's also the day Peter got out of the boat and walked upon the water. The Lord has something for each of us but I believe we have to listen and hear and then faith to step out to do what he's asking of us. Don't you?

Tunafish said...

Max Lucado is an amazing writer. Praise GOD for him :) I'll have to check out the site. Thanks for posting :) Jesus loves you!

tommy kawas said...

Aaron, thank you for sharing Max's powerful words. I have read this before and after reading it today, i have a whole new understanding of what Christ has done for us. Keep evangelizing Aaron "the Good News is getting through." IHN tommyk