Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Communication Breakdown

Just had a pretty ordinary event teach me a pretty cool lesson. 

DirecTV just came by to check something on our TV service that involved our internet.  I warned the 2 men who braved the 6 degree weather with wind chills of -20ºF that our internet was temperamental: sometime it's blazing fast, then it decides to take a nap and not work at all.  I'll reset the router and unplug it for 30 seconds (like all my tech savvy friends tell me to do) and eventually it works again.  It's a nuisance and frankly I haven't called [our service provider] to have them come troubleshoot, because you know as soon as they come it will work fine.  

It was obvious to my DirecTV friends why.  The wrong cables were installed.  Where there should be RD6 cables, standard evidently, [service provider] installed RD59s which is why our internet keeps dropping out.  So I need to call [awesome service provider] and have them wire my house properly, then we can get the TV working as it should.  

So now after all the fumbling and jumbling with the connections, our internet won't turn back on, our Home Security System somehow is telling us there's trouble and is beeping randomly and this can evidently affect our phone line too!  I'm posting this blog by grabbing wifi from one of my neighbors.  I don't know which one.  The one without the password.  Thanks, neighbor. 

Lightbulb moment: When my primary lifeline of spiritual food is cut off, or spotty at best, my interactions with all other areas of life are going to be dramatically affected.  

When I'm not hearing clearly from God and His Word, my work, my wife, my kids, my friends & my family suffer and I'm unable to handle the curveballs that life hurls at me.  I need to find out what it is in my life that I can identify as "the wrong cable", yank that sucker out, replace it with something that's going to allow me to receive clear messages from my Provider!  I know that will affect all other areas of my life: communication with those within my home, friends outside my home and my security in Him.

"Remain in Me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in Me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples."
-Jesus (John 15:4-8)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Great reminder... Thanks Aaron!

Derek said...

I couldn't agree more. Gotta stay plugged, tuned and honed in on our Satellite for power (love, joy, peace, longsuffering...)!

TobyBo said...

"thanks, neighbor" LOL. I am glad you shared this illustration. :)

Kevin said...

Amen, I needed this reminder tonight!

Derk Gates said...

I love how, no matter your situation, you can always bring everything back around to God!

Home Security Expert said...

Sorry to hear everything was such a mess.
6Webs

ashle glass said...




Tom Tidwell: On free shipping stores the list of most beneficial facts that we will do to offer thoroughly clean water can be to have wholesome forests...[and] one of many details we are concentrating bridal wedding dress on is how we can do an improved project to take a look at many of the capacities which are available on the Federal organizations and then also operating then while using the states, the counties, as well as metropolitan areas and also to get it done in men suits sale
the coordinated fashion.