Monday, January 14, 2013

Michael's First Birthday!

Michael and Daniel making Pizza at The Oven in Wexford
Had a fantastic time celebrating Michael's life so far last night.  We pulled out all the stops we could and if the fire code would have allowed we would have loved to have so many more people squeeze into that place.  So many of you have been praying for us and praying for Michael as he's fought his way through his life with grace.  So many have cared for Daniel and Nicky.  So many have brought us meals.  So many have brought us milk and eggs and weird stuff that we like when we didn't even ask!  

One year ago today I wrote a blog explaining the fear and trepidation regarding how to proceed in raising a child with DS.  I can now say that by the grace of God, we know how to raise a child with DS for his first year of life.  And we'd have to admit we have no clue how to raise him from here on out! :)  But by the grace of God we will.  And he is so easy to love. ;) 

Wish you all could have joined us as we killed the fatted calf last night!  
Thank you for your support!
a

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!! God has really blessed you and your parents. I will continue to keep you all in prayers as you continue on this journey of life. Happy birthday!

EliAntorcha said...

Happy birthday Michael! You are an inspiration. God bless your family Aaron.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday sweet Michael!

Emilee C. said...

I remember very vividly sitting down to comment on one of those first blogs a year ago. God has aroused my compassion through words + pictures in only a way He could for your family. Praying. Really, I am. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL!

TobyBo said...

Happy Birthday to Michael!

April Vernon said...

Happy Birthday, Michael! From a parent with a two-and-a-half year old with Ds...It gets even better! What a blessing to have an extra chromosome in the family!

Donna Whiteman said...

Aaron, Happy First to Michael, My name is Donna Whiteman, I to am raising a child with DS, my daughter will be 4 in March. I can tell you that you are in for the ride of your life. Its the most amazing ride, Micheal will teach you more than you could ever imagen. I have learned through my Elizabeth that children with DS are God's Agape love in the flesh. They give so much love and show us such strength that is so amazing. God bless you and your family.

Ilisa Ailts said...

Amazing isn't it?! I can relate to those feelings. Our boy is now 2.5 and I'm still enjoying the amazement! The birthdays are so special!