Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Passion and Persevering in 2013

Matt Redman leading Atlanta & the world in worshiping Jesus
I'm in my basement in Pittsburgh watching the live link of Passion 2013 from Atlanta, GA for the second year in a row.  I had plans to go last year and be a part of such a great event but the impending birth of my 3rd boy just two weeks later put a damper on travel plans.  This year with that same little boy having spent most of December in the hospital and the potential of needing to go back in soon for corrective surgery has me believing that traveling away from my family right now is not beneficial, even if it were permissible.  Our plans for a family drive South to visit family in Georgia and Florida and experience Passion were set aside. 

So I'm very thankful for the Passion Team for providing an absolutely quality live feed to worship along with, be inspired by and be led to the Cross through insightful teaching.  It's a great way to start the year!

To be reminded that there is something much larger than what our small little stories seem to be telling is an invaluable lesson.  And I don't mean Passion when I say "something much larger".  Passion's message itself has always been that there is something so much larger going on: the fame and the renown of Jesus Christ, God Himself.

Despite your situation today, God is bigger.  Big enough to let us walk through our trials because He knows He can lead us through the other end of it and we'll be the better because of it.  We'll look more like Jesus because of it.

James tells us at the beginning of his letter, 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

May we persevere this year.  
It's actually in our best interest!  "Mature and complete, not lacking anything." ?!?  
Sign me up! 

1 comment:

Magic Hour Photography said...

I'm finally back to my hotel and checking out your reason for not being here. ;-)
Hope you can come next year!! :)