Compassion International

IJM

Ray of Hope

OneVerse

Aaron Shust Partners with OneVerse.org

Monday, March 11, 2013

Prayer request from Sarah

Do you believe that what the Bible says is true? Do you believe that Jesus came, He healed, He died and He rose? Do you believe that we, as believers, possess the authority and power that Jesus did when he healed the deaf? I do.

In John 14:12 Jesus says, “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father."

With everything in me I believe these words. If you are a believer, then take hold of your inheritance and pray big! Pray with the authority and the power that Jesus did. And watch God move. Watch God heal. Watch God blow your mind.

Michael is undergoing a hearing test today that will determine which type of hearing aid he will need. The tests run in the recent past have shown severe to profound loss. Doctors say we need to move forward with aiding his hearing so his speech isn't too effected in the future. I agree. We need to do something. I believe God can heal him and I believe that power of that healing is in us. Will he? I don't know, but I will pray with the expectation that He will. Devastation happens everyday and people plead with God, beg God for a different outcome, a healing, a redo in life, and the result isn't always what we desire, but we have to lean into what Isaiah 55:9 says about His ways being higher than ours. We may not always understand, but we need to trust that our God is good, He is who He says He is, He is Love and we can trust him.

It's important to me that our little boy can hear and I will do whatever is necessary for him to attain that, but first, I will pray with the authority that has been bestowed upon me by the God of the Universe. Please pray with me. It is very important to me that you go into prayer on our behalf with the confidence that this is possible, so I'd encourage you to first bind, or ask God to take away, any doubt that this is possible and then loose, or ask God to fill you with, an unyielding faith that what the doctors claim to be impossible, IS possible. This is not just thinking on the bright side or being positive… This is declaring that the miraculous Can happen and you believe it.

Please pray with us today. Go before the Father with the boldness and confidence that He created you to walk in.

-Sarah

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

aweome...I will pray for him.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully Written. I am standing in prayer with you.

Deedee said...

Standing in prayer with you for God to do the impossible because He is more than able! "God, come rescue, come heal, come deliver, come be the possible that ONLY YOU can be!"

Deb Harzinski said...

Sarah, I have tried to follow your journey as closely as possible over the last few years. I am so proud of the woman and mother you have become. From the days of sorting through teenage crisis in my home to where you are now has been, from what I can see an amazing journey. Through heartache and blessings you have held on to your faith in the only true God who CAN heal. You have been an inspiration to me and I will be praying for you and for your sweet family TRUSTING in God for HIS POWER and miraculous work in Michael's little body. Love and blessings to you, my friend. ~Deb

Anonymous said...

I will definitely pray for your son Michaels hearing to be restored , I ask you pray for my wife Anna as well, she has been experiencing numerous complications with lupus and very bad arthritis and bone/joint pain. The doctors all seem to have different opinions and tests to run but never the answers, the bills have been overwhelming and we just need as many people to pray for us as we can, we know with God all things are possible.

jon said...

We are praying and fasting in south Dakota today for a Haitian adoption we are waiting on. We will add your expectations to ours today! God bless

Kathy L. said...


Matt 18:19 tells us, "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." I stand in agreement with you and Aaron that God will be glorified in the testimony of Michael's healing! God, who is the Creator and Healer, we ask that you touch Michael now, in Jesus' name, that he be made whole. We know you have heard our prayer, and will be faithful to your Word, which you uphold higher than your precious name! Thank you in advance for the wonderful testimony to your mercy, grace, and love! In Jesus' name, Amen!

Heather Hunter said...

As I read your words, Matt 18:19-20 were placed on my heart.."When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in Heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there". Merciful God, Loving Father and Almighty Healer, please hear the prayers of this mother and those of her sister's and brother's in Christ. We know your power and feel it as our faith grows. We become merely vessels as we empty our flesh of the things of this world and fill our souls with the Spirit which empowers us beyond our mortal beings. This healing power is possible only in knowing you. As a mother who pleas for her child I have witnessed from personal experience you work miracles and I expect no less for this precious child as well. I command the resistance to be released and the flow of the healing spirit anoint this child throughout. This child will be a hearing, speaking testimony to your power and love.In these things we pray in Jesus's name whose blood was shed at the cross for our sins. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Wow, praying for Michael today! Praying before the throne of grace with boldness and confidence that HE can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Love you guys, Cari Purin

Anonymous said...

Praying to the father in the name of Jesus for you and your loved ones. Love u little buddy. I PRAY FOR YOUR HEALING IN GODS WILL AND STRENGHT FOR YOUR MOM AND Dad. David R LeSesne

Anonymous said...

Praying now...

Becky said...

My daughter with Down syndrome wears hearing aides and has since her loss was discovered at six months. God has been so good to us in that I praise Him often, after six years, that having hearing aides has helped her speech tremendously over the years. I will definitely pray for your son as I know exactly what you are going through right now. I wish there was more I could do to help but know prayers are powerful.